Membership Rights, Benefits & Application Form
SOUTH LAKES DEVELOPMENT TRUST
As a Member of South Lakes Development Trust you will:
- demonstrate your support for the beliefs and values that SLDT embodies
- enjoy the right to attend and vote at SLDTs annual general meeting, participating in the governance and policy making of a dynamic and forward looking social enterprise with charitable status
- receive copies of newsletters published by SLDT and its constituent projects
- receive a copy of our annual report
- be invited to all public conferences, workshops and training events that SLDT may organise.
- be able to access all relevant SLDT services
Individual members will be able to vote in their own right at our AGM.
Corporate members are asked to nominate a delegate from within their organisation to vote on their behalf.
Both individual members and corporate nominees may be nominated for election to the Charity’s management committee, the Board of Trustees.
Membership will run from date of approval until terminated by either party. There is no subscription fee.
Members are required, in accordance with charity and company law, to give their written consent to act as guarantors of the company/charity. In the unlikely event of the dissolution of the company a Guarantor may be requested to make a payment of not more that £1.
Every member promises, if the Charity is dissolved while he, she or it remains a member or within 12 months afterwards, to pay up to £1 towards that costs of dissolution and the liabilities incurred by the Charity while the contributor was a member – Memorandum of Association, Article 6.